The D2N2 Growth Hub was launched in Nottingham in December 2014 by the then Business and Enterprise Minister Matthew Hancock. It provides a ‘one stop shop’ for ambitious new and developing businesses looking for advice on training, growth, and how to access funding help to expand into fresh markets.
Growth Hub advisors work within the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). The LEP is a private sector-led partnership between business, local authorities, skills and training providers, and community and voluntary organisations, which promotes economic growth and jobs creation in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Resources for Business
The D2N2 Growth Hub has:
- Its own website at www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk , giving accessible advice on areas such as starting and growing a business, accessing finance, training and skills development, and expanding into new and international markets.
- It's Growth Hub helpline at 0333 006 9178, where businesses can be directed to help tailored to their needs.
- Social media channels giving the latest D2N2 Growth Hub news and details of upcoming events. Join us on Twitter @D2N2GrowthHub and LinkedIn and Google+ .
- Regular D2N2 Growth Hub newsletters. SUBSCRIBE HERE.
The D2N2 Growth Hub team will be happy to help you!
The D2N2 Growth Hub also helps to ‘Power Up Business’ by working with key regional and national business partners, including:
Growth Hub Highlights
Since its launch the D2N2 Growth Hub has :
- Helped more than 3,000 businesses.
- Held many of its own free events; advising business on how to access growth funding, find new markets (in the UK and abroad), and how to work with skills and training providers to get the right employees to fill skills gaps in their workforces. For example, a joint 'Access to Finance For Growth’ event with EMB Ltd in January 2017 (read more HERE) and its second anniversary and networking event for businesses in December 2016 (read more HERE).
- Been highly praised as 'helpful' and 'informative' in a survey of its clients (read more HERE).
- Run D2N2’s first ever ‘Rural Means Business Conference’, at the RCAN (Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire) Newstead Centre, in Newstead Village. Around 100 people attended to hear about the support and funding available to start up rural businesses around food manufacture, tourism, green energy and other enterprises.
- Introduced a new Partnership-wide Customer Relationship Management system.
Two Years of Powering Up Businesses
In December 2016 the D2N2 Growth Hub held its second anniversary event, in Nottingham (photo above). Around 80 delegates attended and heard from industry specialists, including:
- Peter Richardson, Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
- David Williams, Chair of the D2N2 Growth Hub and D2N2 LEP Board member
- Simon Hall, D2N2 Growth Hub Manager.
Speaker presentations from the 2016 anniversary event can be viewed below:
Presentations from the Growth Hub's first anniversary event - in December 2015 (photo above) - are also available to download from the following links:
The D2N2 Growth Hub can also be contacted via Twitter: