If you are looking to invest, to relocate or expand your business, Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire have a compelling offer to support you to invest and grow, including:
- A highly skilled and diverse workforce with a large talent pool.
- Centrally located in the UK with excellent road, rail, light rail, air and digital connections.
- Internationally competitive firms and sectors.
- Excellence in education and research.
- Vibrant cities and market towns within beautiful countryside.
Click HERE or on the above photo to see our video - D2N2: The UK's Most Inspirational Postcode
Inward investment marketing in D2N2 is supported by the Derbyshire Economic Partnership, Marketing Derby and Invest in Nottingham. Their contact details and the key features of the areas they cover are detailed below.
Derbyshire has the sites and infrastructure to support significant inward investment. Its central location, combined with unrivalled motorway, rail and airport access makes it one of the most attractive investment propositions in the UK. With 9 million people residing within 20 miles of its boundary and 80% of the population within 4 hours drive, it reprents a fantastic opportunity for businesses to access to people, skills and markets.
Derbyshire is an outstanding place to live and work. From the heartland of the industrial revolution, the area has transformed itself into a thriving modern economy surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of the world-famous Peak District National Park. There is an excellent quality of life on offer to people locating to Derbyshire, whether for easy access to city life or for a rural retreat.
Derbyshire has major strengths in rail, aerospace, automotive and advanced engineering, aggregates, construction, food and drink, research and development, and tourism. It is the location of choice for international businesses including global giants such as Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK Ltd, Denby, Thorntons, Nestle, JCB, Ferodo, Guilford Europe Ltd and Cathelco.
The location of key international brands in Derbyshire, together with their supply chains, means the area is extremely strong in traditional and innovative manufacturing, research and development and engineering. Derbyshire’s strength has been its ability to adapt to meet the needs of modern technologies. Its academic and skill strengths attract companies from all over the world to set up production facilities and administrative headquarters within its boarders.
See website: www.investinderbyshire.co.uk/Why-Derbyshire/5-Reasons-to-Invest
Telephone: +44 (0)1629 538244
Derby is the UK’s Capital for Innovation with sector strengths in aerospace, rail, automotive, nuclear, and advanced engineering, and thriving professional service and creative industry communities.
A video showcasing Derby as the UK 'Capital for Innovation' can be seen on Marketing Derby's YouTube channel HERE.
A Connected City
- The UK’s most central city, with a travel-to-work population of 2.1 million and access to 6 million people within one hour.
- Derby is a 93-minute rain journey to London St Pancras with 35 direct services daily.
- Derby's superfast broadband availability of 93.8%, one of the best in the UK and better than London (OFCOM).
A Forward-Thinking City
- £1.25bn of a £2bn regeneration masterplan secured.
- £300m being invested in new leisure, office, housing and infrastructure schemes; including its new sports arena, swimming pool and its hi-tech business park Infinity Park Derby, part of the Nottingham and Derby Enterprise Zone.
- £40m Regional Growth Fund earmarked for economic development plans in and around the city centre, including the £20m Derby Enterprise Growth Fund to help jobs creation and SME growth.
A Skilled Workforce
- One of the highest skilled workforces in the UK with 12% of Derby employees in hi-tech functions – four times the national average.
- Access to 17 universities within one hour, with a 400,000 student population.
- University of Derby 12th highest in UK for % of graduates employed or undertaking further study six months after graduation – 96.9% (DLHE 2013/14).
- £9.5m Derby Manufacturing University Technical College (UTC), with focus on manufacturing, due to open in September 2015.
Home to World-Leading Businesses
- UK headquarters for Rolls-Royce, Bombardier and Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK).
- Derby has Europe's largest cluster of rail technology companies - 8.8 times the national concentration of firms.
- Derby has 38% of its workforce employed in professional functions; more than Birmingham, Leicester and Notingham.
- Advanced engineering supply chain clusters based in and around the city, employing 53,000 in hi-tech funcions including engineers and software designers.
Why Derby? Because Derby is THE UK Capital for Innovation.
Telephone: +44(0)1332 201680
Invest in Nottingham manages inward investment opportunities in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Nottingham’s economy innovates to stay in touch with the changing business climate.
Strengths include sectors such as Financial Services, Biotechnology, Low Carbon Technology, Creative Industries as well as Advanced Engineering make Nottingham a versatile business location.
The breadth and depth of the Nottingham workforce reflects the diversity of the business environment. With more than a million people living in the city region, and 55,000 students at the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University, companies investing in Nottingham have access to an excellent talent pool.
Nottingham’s central location makes it easy for businesses to operate nationally and globally. Excellent road, rail and air links bring the rest of the UK and Europe to your doorstep. Nottingham’s world class digital infrastructure ensures that global business is only a click away.
Nottingham continues to invest in transport infrastructure, expanding its successful tram network, improving its train station and enhancing its award winning public transport network, ensuring people are able to move around the city and county with ease.
Major investment will continue to improve the city and county. Over £1.6billion will be invested to transform the city centre, and create new business and living spaces and retail destinations. Major regeneration programmes in Mansfield, Cotgrave and Newark will ensure our town centres continue to thrive and evolve.
However, it isn’t all about work. A mixture of vibrant city life and rural landscapes ensures that Nottingham offers a great quality of life.
For more information see Invest in Nottingham's YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/investnottingham
Telephone: +44(0)115 8764469
Imagine a location which offers you excellent communication links, quality business sites and accommodation without the costs associated with other parts of the UK. Ashfield & Mansfield is the ideal business location in the heart of the country situated on the M1 directly between the cities of Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield. The majority of the country can easily be reached within a three hour car drive.
Fast rail and tram links into Nottingham mean that Birmingham, Manchester and London can be reached in around two hours. East Midlands Airport, the second largest freight airport in the UK, and Robin Hood Airport are both 30 minutes away with connection to over 70 destinations.
The area has seen a large growth in commercial development activity over the past few years, making it one of the region’s leading business locations. A range of key regeneration initiatives and commercial developments are also underway, which aim to provide space and an improved infrastructure for both inward investors and existing businesses.
Ashfield & Mansfield is home to a diverse range of businesses and sectors of employment, including many national and international companies and boasts a wide range of housing options, to suit all tastes and pockets.
Over two million people are within a one hour drive, so there is easy access to a wide range of skilled individuals. Furthermore Vision West Nottinghamshire College and New College Nottingham offer full-time and part-time further education courses and some university level qualifications. A wider range of degree courses can be studied at Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University, all within a 30 minute drive.
A range of support is available for potential investors; including the provision of an account manager, who will help make your decision-making and hopefully your investment in the area as straightforward as possible.
For more information on an excellent business location please follow the link to Invest Ashfield & Mansfield.